
site: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/06/newerkobetechnical.jpg
From LeBron to Kobe, from Dwight Howard to Nene, from "Skip to my Lou" to "Boobie," I have seen a consistent baby-like attitude towards the referees in these NBA conference finals. Howard himself has six technical fouls already these playoffs. Throwing arms up in the air, getting in the zebras face, and rolling the eyes happen each and every night. Some do it more than other...aka Kobe...while most do it to some degree.
I know this is an emotional game and I as one who only played basketball at the JV level and some summer varsity games, can't relate to the intensity of an NBA playoff game. Are the refs perfect? Absolutely not. In fact they can flat out miss calls. As far as I know NBA players are not perfect as well.
Why is this a problem?
a) Millions of young kids are mirroring these players every action and move. What a bad example to set to treat the refs.
b) If you complain on every call, how can the refs tell when you actually mean it?
c) Often times NBA players complain while they are running back on defense and then get scored on. It happened to Carmelo the other night.
d) It gets old
e) Someone like Stan Van Gundy might have a heart-attack when complaining...seriously
It's a shame because this NBA playoffs has been one of the best in the last few years -- Great game, great rivals, great players.
It's time to concentrate less on the refs and more on the game. Complaining like I have seen in these playoffs by most NBA players is selfish and immature.
2 comments:
good points. especially liked stanvan getting a heart attack.
Okeefe! Lets get a new post man!
Post a Comment