Monday, January 5, 2009

Can't quite give up Madden

As many of you know, the video game Madden is the popular NFL video game by EA Sports. I've been playing the game since Madden 95 on Sega Saturn, yeah that's way back in the day.

Anyway I am blogging about this because I've been playing Madden 09, on XBOX 360 over my month-long break from JMU. At school I hardly play video games at all, there is simply for better and more exciting things to be spending my time.

In high school I competed in two "Madden Challenge" events against some "professional Maddeners,"some actually get paid to play. I lost both times in round 3, but it was an experience. The first time I lost to a guy who appeared on the ESPN TV show "Madden Nation." I lost 7-3. The second tournament I lost to a guy who had two fingers on both hands. Some might call them "nubs." His whole family was watching him at the tournament, which was a little weird. Never the less, my Dad still give me a hard time that I lost to a guy with no hands, well almost no hands.

For a NFL nut like myself, I have to say I'm impressed with the Madden franchise. Every year it seems to get a little more innovative, a little more more like the real thing. A time sucker...yes. Fun....yes. Thing to do while I'm still a college guy....most definitely.

No comments: